Foreign Investment and Acquisition
As a resource-rich country, Canada has become a desirable destination for foreign investment – especially in our massive oil sands industry. This has led to a number of mergers and acquisitions, takeover bids, consolidations and other transactions within a highly regulated space.
Our clients have been involved in some of the largest transactions in recent Canadian history. While many of these engagements are done on a confidential basis, Tactix is able to draw on many years of expertise in the sector as well as a deep understanding of Canada’s markets and regulators.
Led by Co-President Alan Young, our Investment practice is second to none in Ottawa in providing insight, advice and regulatory guidance to any company doing business in a regulated Canadian sector.
Our team of experienced advisors can:
- Develop clear merger and acquisition strategies.
- Provide strategic counsel and tactical advice.
- Devise an effective legislative advocacy campaign by correctly interpreting government pronouncements.
- Conduct perception audits and build coalitions to create issue awareness and generate support.
- Monitor trends and activities that affect the Canadian market.
We understand your business and we know government. Contact us to be your partner.